Today's activity is aimed at helping you raise your awareness of this and should help you to create simple 'Cloze' activities that you can use to quickly revise texts and get a deeper knowledge of the lexical relationships in them. The activity uses a tool called a Cloze test creator.
- You can either use a text that you have studied before or you can find something that interests you on a website like BBC news or the British Council's LearnEnglish site.
- This article on Surfing might be appropriate or you could search for something more suitable in the magazine archive
- Open the Cloze test creator and copy and paste the text that you have read into the text field. You don't need to use the whole text, just a couple of paragraphs should be enough.
- Select 'Interactive' and 'No clues', then select which features of the text you would like to test yourself on.
You can use this tool to convert any text into a cloze test activity like this. This is an excellent way to test and improve your English. I hope you enjoy it. To do find more reading activities just click this link: Reading activities
Related links for teachers:
- Create EFL / ESL Lesson Plans in Mins
- Adventure Narratives for EFL ESL Students
- Using Word Clouds in EFL ESL
- Prompting reading speeds