The text is about a famous writer called Sylvia Plath. In the test you listen to a short excerpt from a lecture and then have to do some tasks to test your listening and comprehension ability.
Sylvia Plath was recently the subject of film, so before you try this task you might like to watch this trailer for the film
- Go to: http://www.examenglish.com/TOEFL/toefl_listening.htm and click on the 'Play' button.
- Listen to the lecture and take some notes of key facts on a piece of paper. You will then have the opportunity to listen to short extracts and answer questions
- At the end of the test you should get a score and the opportunity to review your answers with the script of the listening text. This is a great way to help develop your listening. Hope you did better at the test than me.
Related links for teachers:
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Karaoke with a Social Network
- UNICEF: Top 10 Cartoons for Children’s Rights
- Creating audio-visual monologues